Picture of Do the army employ qualified paramedics and if so, is there any APL or fast-tracking to higher ranks?

Do the army employ qualified paramedics and if so, is there any APL or fast-tracking to higher ranks?

Picture of Tori
Picture of Tori
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: About us

Date asked: Sunday, December 29, 2019

Last reviewed: Sunday, May 3, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, Yes we do employ qualified paramedics, at present they are employed as soldiers in medical regiments. I believe their rank on joining is linked to how much experience they have. Career progression from there is on an individual basis. I would advise starting an application, this will enable you to speak to the Army medical services in more detail about what options are available to you. I hope that helps!

Monday, January 6, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Zakary, To be a combat medical technician you need to be 16 years and 6 months or older and you will need GCSE Grade A*–C/9-4 in at least English Language and Maths. If you have both of the above you can start an application on the Army website. If you do decide to apply, our website has lots of detail on the applications process and how to prepare for it. Best of luck.

Sunday, May 3, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?