Picture of How does the int. corps differ from other corps in the army? And what is adventurous training like?

How does the int. corps differ from other corps in the army? And what is adventurous training like?

Picture of Paul
1 response

Additional information

I was wondering if being in the intel. Corps was different to others in the army because it seems quite behind the scenes and away from everyone else. I was also wondering if you could choose your own type of adventurous training.

Anonymous asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: Role Comparison

Date asked: Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Picture of Paul

Paul

Intelligence Officer

Hi Anon, thanks for the question! In some ways yes, the Int Corps is different to other Corps. For starters, we are one of a handful of Corps that promote you to Lance Corporal at the end of Phase 1 training. This is mainly due to the increased responsibility that you are given as an Int Corps soldier; as a newly promoted Lance Corporal you could be briefing a General their update brief in preparation for operations, or being the sole analyst deployed with an infantry company on exercise or operations. As you get your Lance Corporal on completion, you can expect to promote quicker too. If you perform well you can expect to promote to Corporal after 2 years in unit. As an Int Corps soldier, you will not normally deploy as a Battalion like an infantry unit would, instead you can expect to deploy as smaller teams and can be attached to a wide variety of units. As a result you can usually expect to deploy at each posting! In terms of AT, yes you will have opportunities to sign up for the course that interest you. Most courses you go on will get you a qualification and are very cheap in comparison to what you would pay as a civilian! I hope this helps, Paul.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?