Picture of Can you explain the process for bursary nurse?

Can you explain the process for bursary nurse?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

Can you explain the process for bursary nurse? At uni doing a nursing degree, do I go to army solider assessment centre? Also are QARANC nurses all commissioned?

Steve Y. asked a question to Tori C.

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Thursday, October 29, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Steve, Hopefully you've had a chance to have a look at the nursing section of our website https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service/army-nurse Not all QARANC nurses are commissioned, you can choose to join as an officer or as a soldier - if you are unsure which role would suit you don't worry, you will have a chance to discuss this further during the application process and I believe you don't need to make a decision on this until you qualify. If you want to join as a Nursing Soldier, you will need to pass the Assessment Centre tests for the Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps. If wanting to join as a Nursing Officer, you will need to pass the Army Officer Selection Board and the Arms Selection Board for the Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps for professionally qualified officers. I hope that helps, Best of luck.

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?