Picture of Hi, do you know of any CMT’s/Nurses making their own way into medical school? If so do you know how they did it?

Hi, do you know of any CMT’s/Nurses making their own way into medical school? If so do you know how they did it?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

I understand it’s competitive and difficult to get to medical school, I have been looking at access courses to get to undergrad but I also thought CMT would allow me to stand out from the crowd. Thanks for your time

Dan Z. asked a question to Tori C.

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Sunday, November 8, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Dan, I have known a few CMTs go down the medical school route, and a couple of nurses, although they have been civilian rather than military. So it is certainly possible. Being a CMT, or working in healthcare at all, would certainly help with your application. But you do also need to have the grades to get in, I believe some of the CMTs had some assistance from the army in regards to working towards the grades they need in order to meet the admission criteria. So in summary, while being a CMT may help you stand out from the crowd, you would also need to meet the normal entry criteria as well. Best of luck!

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?