Picture of If you were to train as a CMT, would the army subsidise a paramedic science degree, and would this be advised prior?

If you were to train as a CMT, would the army subsidise a paramedic science degree, and would this be advised prior?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Emily H. asked a question to Medical

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Monday, February 1, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Emily, The pathway for CMTs to train as paramedics while serving has only happened fairly recently and may change again. At the moment you can apply to train as a paramedic, but it can be competitive so it's not something that would be guaranteed.

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
CMT skills worthwhile after the army, and are CMT's more than first aid?Hi, I was wondering if you can train as a CMT, then after a few years retrain as a nurse in the army, thank youI am currently studying Paramedic Science and hope to become a CMT. Would this give me an advantage to train as a CMT?would a degree in paramedic science be acceptable for becoming an army nurse?Can Army doctors pursue any medical speciality?i want to train to become a combat medical technician and wondered if you would advise doing officer training as well?Can you become a medic in the infantry, if yes, how advanced is medical training for a medic in the infantry? Thank youJust wondering if it's possible to apply to be a cmt then after a while ask train as a doctor and get a medical degree?If after a few years as a CMT, I would like to leave the army, would I already be qualified for a job like a paramedic?Im doing med at uni first but want be a CMT for a bit when i graduate and then become an army doctor. Is that possible?could you train to be a combat medical technician and then later on decide to do further training and be an army nurse?Do you have to have any prior medical qualifications to become either a CMT or medical support officer?If I train to be a combat medic, could I then go onto doing a university degree to become an army nurse in the future?Can i study a MD whilst training to be a CMT?Can army CMTs gain any other advanced medical training apart from being a paramedic through the army?