Picture of Transferring airborne reservist to regular

Transferring airborne reservist to regular

Picture of Paratrooper
2 responses

Additional information

I'm doing some research for myself and for my Uniform Service Diploma, I'm trying to decide if I should jump straight to regular or start in the reservist and transfer to the regular. I would love to be a airborne soldier even though it will be hard, as soon I saw Para Platoon I knew that is the life I want to live but I think the leap into a regular will be hard for me. I just want to know what would the process be to transfer from airborne reservist to regular as surely it will be different compared to regular infantry groups as they would take Reservist P-Company compared to regular P-Company so would they have to retake P-Company? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous asked a question to Infantry

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Monday, November 30, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Daniel E.

Assistant Intelligence Officer

Hello and thank you for your question. If I could pass you over to a Subject Matter Expert about the Paras, he might be able to help you out. Paratrooper Hopefully he will be able to help you with your question. -Danny.

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Picture of Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper

The exact training required when transferring from the Reserves to a Regular unit depends largely on the experience and training you have had with your 4 Para unit. There are some minor difference's between Regular and Reserve P company so you would be expected to retake the course as part of transferring. If your goal is join the Parachute Regiment as a regular soldier, joining a 4 Para unit and transferring is an extremally long winded way of joining. Our advice would be to simply join as a regular soldier. You can always transfer to 4 Para at a later date, which a large proportion of Paratroopers do.

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?