Picture of can you go from reserve to regular

can you go from reserve to regular

Picture of SSgt Jay
3 responses

Additional information

if you train as a reserve however decide you would like to become regular is this something that can be done?

Anonymous asked a question to Engineering

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Sunday, December 8, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, July 3, 2020

Picture of SSgt Jay G.

SSgt Jay G.

Logistics Management

Good evening, Yes - you can apply to join the regular Army from the reserves. The process will vary depending on cap badge and what role you want to do, but ultimately it will require and interview selection process. Regards, Jay

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Stuart T.

Army Air Corps Engagement Team Warrant Officer

Hello and thank you for your question. Transfering as a reservist to the regular forces happens often. I completely agree with and echo Jay's response. The basic answer to this question is yes. I would caveat my response and add that there are a few factors that you may wish to investigate and/or consider such as personal circumstances, time taken to train as a soldier (differs as a reservist)? Time available to commit as a reservist vs full-time commitment as a regular amongst others...? More information or detail is readily available by talking to an armed forces careers advisors at your local Army Careers Office (ACO) or alternatively search 'Army Jobs'. apply.army.mod.uk/what-we-offer/reserve… Hope this helps.

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Picture of Jordon W.

Jordon W.

Combat Medical Technician

Short answer is yes depends on trade and further training that may be required.

Friday, July 3, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?