Picture of Joining the Army from college

Joining the Army from college

Picture of Jen
1 response

Additional information

So I'm looking into joining the Army when I finish my College Diploma which will be June/July 2022 so ideally I want to be in training for the Army by September. Should I begin my application process closer to the June time and then my recruiter will defer the time of me joining or should I begin now as I have a set time in my head of when I want to join and I will just wait till closer of the time for my assessments to come up. My main concern is that something will come up in my application which will slow it down and I will miss my September goal. Thanks in advance

Anonymous asked a question to HR, Finance and Support

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Monday, June 7, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, June 10, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, you can apply to join the army at any time and you can drive (to an extent) how quickly you go through the process. Some applications can be as quick as 4 months whilst others take 14 months as there may be hold ups in areas (medical is a big one). If you apply now and you have no dramas and whiz through interviews, assessment centre etc it might be that you'd have to defer anyway depending on which part of the army you'd want to join (ie dog handlers always has a wait!). Definitely better to get the ball rolling than to wait until you've nearly finished college and then find yourself waiting around for a few months. You will be given your own Candidate Support Manager and they are there to help you with every stage of your application and will also advise along the way. You can let them know early on when you'd look to actually start and they can help you with getting to that date. I wish you the very best of luck.

Thursday, June 10, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?