Picture of I'm in year 10 and interested in being an army officer in the future where do i go from here to stand out in the future.

I'm in year 10 and interested in being an army officer in the future where do i go from here to stand out in the future.

Picture of Jen
1 response

Additional information

I believe i can be a leader and i get good grades.

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Monday, June 21, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, June 24, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, good question. You could look at getting a 6th Form scholarship (google the Army Officer Scholarship Scheme (AOSS)). My advice would be if you don't do anything (sport clubs, social clubs etc) then get out and do something. Join something, do some volunteer work etc. You will need to answer questions about when you have been a leader, or shown leadership qualities - if you think about how you can answer these then that's a good first step. Look at your fitness if you're not very fit now (you could download the 100% Army Fit app). Really good luck.

Thursday, June 24, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
I am in year 10 and I want to be a Grenadier Guards OfficerI have always wanted to be in the army but ive been unfit all my life how can i train myself upwhats It like to be in the army, I’m thinking about going in the army when I’ve left schooli want to be an infantry officer but the recruitment said there where no positions for me what do i do.I want to start training with the army as soon as possible. How do I go about doing that?I’m looking to join the army very soon but I wanted to know if I would be able to spend my last year on school (yeaIm undecided on what role i want in the army as dont think i have what it takes to be army readyi want to be an infantry soldier but i want to find out more about deployments and advantagesHi I'm 14 years old and have a SUPER big interest in the Military. Do you have any advice for me, I want to enlist ASAP.its always been my dream to get in the army I'm 11 years old and can u help me understand the true meaning of being one.Im 16 at the moment and im think of enlisting when im 18. Im unsure about the military as i dont know a lot about it.Hi, I've always been interested in joining the army, but have been put off because of my fitnessI'm 12 and hoping to join the army. I already have a range of knowledge on the British army but I am worried about pay.hi mate been considering joining the army since I was a kid have you got any advice on what i should expecti am in year 13 in my final year of a levels and was thinking about becoming an army doctor how do i start this ?