Picture of its always been my dream to get in the army I'm 11 years old and can u help me understand the true meaning of being one.

its always been my dream to get in the army I'm 11 years old and can u help me understand the true meaning of being one.

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

pls i really need the motivation im really insecure

Danielle W. asked a question to Tori C.

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Saturday, December 5, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, December 11, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Danielle, I often get asked about whether people should join the army because they're shy or insecure. If you're 11, it's perfectly normal to be questioning what you might want to do when you're older, and what jobs you would be suited to. The Army has a huge variety of roles available, and these roles will suit different people and their personalities. I wouldn't worry if you feel insecure now, many people who apply to join the Army are unsure if it will suit them, but the advantage of our training process is that it helps develop confidence. You have a few years to go before you are old enough to apply, but when you are in year 8 or 9, you could consider joining the cadets, it might help you to get more of an idea of what the Army is like and whether it might be something you could enjoy in future. I have included a link to their website. https://armycadets.com/

Friday, December 11, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?