Picture of My life is a bit all over the place I think the army would be a good thing for me? What’s it like?

My life is a bit all over the place I think the army would be a good thing for me? What’s it like?

1 response

Additional information

I feel like I’ve never had a purpose or anything to be proud of and I want to make something of myself but I don’t know how to go about it and what I need to do to prepare

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Sunday, February 16, 2020

Last reviewed: Monday, February 17, 2020

Daniel E.

Assistant Intelligence Officer

I love the job. It is the best job I have ever had. Don't get me wrong, there are bad times but you get them with any job, it just makes the good times better. The Army has given me a unique group of friends that will stay friends for life. I could go two years without seeing them but the next time I do, it is like we saw each other, yesterday. This job has grounded a lot of people and given them a purpose in life, me included. I grew up in a broken home with a poor up bringing and I didn't want that life for my children, the Army has helped massively with that. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please ask.

Monday, February 17, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?