Picture of What is the army life like? What surprised you most about the army? Did you face any difficulties?

What is the army life like? What surprised you most about the army? Did you face any difficulties?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Experience

Date asked: Saturday, November 9, 2019

Last reviewed: Sunday, November 10, 2019

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, Army life is different for everyone, there are so many different roles to choose from so it is difficult to give a general answer, but I will try! I enjoy that life is so varied, rarely are two days the same, there are always new challenges. There are lots of opportunities to travel and take part in adventure training. The thing that surprised me the most was probably how much time you get to do physical activity and play sport, and how much this is encouraged. The main difficulty I have found is that the needs of the Army come first, and you will miss the odd important event (weddings etc) because you are deployed or on exercise. For me the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages, that might not last forever, and it won't be the same for everyone, but that is something you have to look at on an individual basis.

Sunday, November 10, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?