Picture of Hello. How long did you train before getting into the very hard stuff?

Hello. How long did you train before getting into the very hard stuff?

Picture of Jen
1 response

Jessica G. asked a question to Jen C.

Date asked: Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, if you mean the physical side I was pretty fit before I started at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst as i always think the one thing you know for certain before starting army training is the fitter you are, the easier everything will be. I enjoyed Sandhurst because i didn't dread every fitness session. However, fitness training when you join is gradual. You are expected to have achieved the minimum fitness standards before joining so during training everything is a slow build up from that basic level - it's important or people get injured. The army is not about breaking before, but getting them through and to do this it's a slow, gradual process. During obstacle courses there is always a few people that are scared of heights so obstacle courses are a slow walk through, talk through initially. There is nothing to be worried about regarding the fitness training or training in general whether it be joining as an officer or soldier. I hope this helps.

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?