Picture of I think i want to join because i really dont know what else to do with my life but everyone i talk to is against it

I think i want to join because i really dont know what else to do with my life but everyone i talk to is against it

Picture of Jen
1 response

Additional information

How do i know its what i should do

Aiden U. asked a question to Combat

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, September 9, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, i don't think anyone really knows what they want to do and the beauty of the army is if you join a trade and decide it's not for you, there's always an option of an internal transfer to a different trade. Ultimately you need to do you research and speak to people who understand the army - not just what they think they know. Unfortunately there's a lot of misconceptions about the army, about what the army does and people who often are the most vocal about how awful it is get the most surprise when they find things out; 77 different trades, we are the largest apprenticeship provider in the UK, our maternity benefits and pension is arguably one of the best of employers. The army is rated in the Times Top 50 Employers for women etc etc. Keep an open mind, do your research and remember it's your life and you get one shot at it! Ultimately if you don't like any job (Army or civilian) you can leave until you find somewhere that works for you and you feel you fit! Good luck!!

Thursday, September 9, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?