Picture of I really want to apply but I feel like I won’t be able to do the fitness

I really want to apply but I feel like I won’t be able to do the fitness

Picture of SSgt Jay
Picture of Jen
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Logistics

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Picture of SSgt Jay G.

SSgt Jay G.

Logistics Management

Good morning, Personal fitness is vitally important to operate as a soldier in the British Army. The good news is that it is something that you can improve with a bit of effort and commitment. If you have a look at the Army Fit app (available on android/apple) it will help guide you towards improving your fitness. Good luck!

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Any fitness takes time and perseverance. Keep it up. Perhaps look at downloading the 100% ArmyFit app as this would help you track your progress and give you some motivation!! Keep going- you'll be surprised how quickly you'll get to running 1km without stopping!! Good luck.

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
I'm quite short and am worried that I won't be strong enough to pass the fitness tests. Any advice?Hello there I left basic training in March I regret it. Will i be able to apply again and if so when I'm currently 16.I'm about to sign up for the army but my fitness doesn't quite meet the standards. Will the army be able to help me thisDo you really need to meet the fitness requirements on the application?Hi what's the fitness like am thinking about the army but I can't swimi don't know how toIm 15 and planning on applying in two years im not very fit and want to lose weight before applying any tips to get fitHI'm trying to make an application but I'm stuck in the section where I'm asked which date I entered the UK.i haven'tI'm having trouble downloading the army 100% fitness app i need helpIf I do not reach the fitness standards of the job I want to go for, will I still be accepted?Nervous about training my fitness. Really want to prove I can do it, but where do I start? How do I stop being nervous?I want to get in so much, get super excited just thinking about it. But worried I won't lose enough weight. Any advice?Hi, I've always been interested in joining the army, but have been put off because of my fitnesswhat is the best way to get motivated I really want to join but its the fitness motivation I feel I cant reach potentialHi, I was curious should I start my application after I lose weight, or now? I need about 5-6 months to get into shape!Hi I am looking to join and whoundring when I need to start applying