Picture of If I do not reach the fitness standards of the job I want to go for, will I still be accepted?

If I do not reach the fitness standards of the job I want to go for, will I still be accepted?

13 responses

Additional information

If my results of the PT tests are slightly off, will I still be accepted and trained?

Jessica N. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Macaulay A.

Outreach Team member

You will need to hit a certain standard at the Assessment Centre to pass, requirements depend on your chosen job role.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Jessica N.

Okay, but if my run time is like 20 seconds off, will I still be able to go in?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Macaulay A.

Outreach Team member

With practice you can train to knock 20 seconds off your run time. Try using the 100% Army Fit App to guide you

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Jessica N.

I tried but unfortunately my phone is too old. Is there any other resources I could use to help?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Picture of Ash P.

Ash P.

National Marketing Executive

Some people also use Strava to track distance

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Jessica N.

Okay, cool, are there videos? To help with what exercises to do?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Steven F.

How far should u run n in what time

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Jessica N.

I think for most roles it's 2K run in something like 11 mins 15 seconds but some might be lower I think but don't take my word for it

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Picture of Ash P.

Ash P.

National Marketing Executive

Hi Steven, all fitness requirements are available on the role page of the Army Jobs website

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Jason G.

Train as if you were trying to join as a paratrooper which is 2km in 8m 15s. Aim for 8m and then by the time you go for assessment, you'll smash whatever role you apply for.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Sophie F.

I’ve been to selection before and a girl was going for artillery but didn’t make it for fitness but got accepted within the royal logistics as she passed fitness standards for that role. If you fail the run you’ll be allowed a rest at later date

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?