British Army
I'm about to sign up for the army but my fitness doesn't quite meet the standards. Will the army be able to help me this
Picture of James
3 responses
Jake Y. asked a question to British Army
Category: Eligibility
Date asked: Saturday, August 10, 2019
Last reviewed: Monday, February 24, 2020
Georgina Z.
Absolutely but in the mean time I would advise using the Army Fitness App to help you get to the standard you need to be at. Good luck.
Monday, August 12, 2019
Picture of James M.
James M.
Reconnaissance Platoon soldier
Hi Jake, As long as you pass the required entry requirements for whatever job role you wish to pursue, once in basic training the army will develop you. Check out army role finder, under each job choice it will tell you the required fitness entry requirements. As Georgina said, use the army fit app or depending on your age, check out a company called MPCT, there will more than likely be a centre located within commuting distance. They will help you improve your fitness while helping with your army application journey as a whole. We don’t expect athletes, we expect motivate individuals that can be moulded in to one! Regards J
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Picture of Licarl J.
Licarl J.
CET member
James James M. covered it all, just be consistent with your training and all else will fall into place. Be patient...
Monday, February 24, 2020
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.
Did you find this discussion helpful?