Picture of Hi, I was curious should I start my application after I lose weight, or now? I need about 5-6 months to get into shape!

Hi, I was curious should I start my application after I lose weight, or now? I need about 5-6 months to get into shape!

Picture of Jen
1 response

Additional information

I've done weight lost before from 160kg to 90 in 7 months, now I'm 130kg and can lose that weight in 6 months and be in shape.

Martin Antony John A. asked a question to Jen C.

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Thursday, August 26, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, August 26, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, that's awesome going! Really well done you, that motivation is exactly what being a soldier requires. The army application could take as little as 3mths to 18mths to get in depending on medical or security vetting. It also depends on your engagement with the process. You could apply now, get everything lined up and then attend the Assessment centre when you feel you have reached the right fitness level. My advice would be apply when it feels right for you but often it's not a quick process. You control the timings of certain things and you can change the dates for the assessment centre when you get to that stage if you feel you're not ready. The 100% Armyfit app might be useful to you in your efforts. Keep it up. You should be really proud of yourself.

Thursday, August 26, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?