Picture of Want to re-join, but don't know which direction to go - can I speak with a career advisor?

Want to re-join, but don't know which direction to go - can I speak with a career advisor?

1 response

Additional information

I would like to rejoin the reserves after a gap of nearly 6 years, but don't know what role would suit me best. Would like to book an appointment with a career advisor at my local recruitment Office (Reading), but will they be able to advise me on all the possible roles, or do they have a bias towards their local units? I have experience in the Infantry and RAMC, and in civilian life I am a qualified EMT, HSE advisor to film and tv productions and work in the renewables sector building and maintaining wind turbines. Extremely varied experience and want challenging but interesting role. Finally, I am 38 yrs old. Thankyou.

Jon R. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Arthur T.

Change Analyst

Hi Jon, Feel free to give your local careers office a call, they will be able to have a chat with you about various roles. Ideally for the reserves though, have a look on the Army website and see which units are nearby. The best bet is to give them a call, they will often invite you along for a training evening to show you a bit more about the unit. You can then make a decision if the unit is a good fit for you or not. Hope this helps.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?