Picture of would I need to complete phase 1 training again if I transfer regiments such as from the PWRR to the parachute regiment?

would I need to complete phase 1 training again if I transfer regiments such as from the PWRR to the parachute regiment?

Picture of Jen
1 response

Additional information

I am 16 and want to join the military when I am 18. At the moment I am thinking of joining the PWRR for a few years and then If I choose to, be trained to become a paratrooper however I was wondering if that would mean I would need to be trained a second time on the phase 1 training before being trained on the parachute regiment specific training.

Archie M. asked a question to Infantry

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Thursday, September 2, 2021

Last reviewed: Monday, September 6, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, the simple answer is no - you would not have to complete basic training / phase 1 training again. You would have to transfer to the Parachute Regt but you will have someone in your unit (RCMO) who will be able to advise you on that. It would also depend on a lot of things and whether the Paras have space for you at the time. It might be that you decide that you love being in your Battalion / Regt and just decide to do P Coy but stay your original capbadge but work with the Paras. There's lots of options.

Monday, September 6, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?