Picture of Do I need to pass the Paras selection before basic, or after? If i fail can i resit from infantry during my career?

Do I need to pass the Paras selection before basic, or after? If i fail can i resit from infantry during my career?

Picture of Paratrooper
1 response

Additional information

16 year old applicant

Anonymous asked a question to Paratrooper R.

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Thursday, March 25, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, March 26, 2021

Picture of Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper R.

Paratrooper

As you are 16 if you are attending AFC Harrogate you will complete PRAC (Parachute Regiment Assessment Course) whilst conducting the year long training as a junior soldier. For Adult Entry you will have to complete PRAC after selection before you enter training. If you were to fail for whatever reason you can opt to reattend at a later date or change your preferences for which unit you join. Once you are a serving soldier in an infantry unit (with the exception of the Guards regiments) getting loaded onto P company becomes more difficult although it is achievable. If you want to serve with the Parachute Regiment from there you would have to transfer into the Parachute Regiment or if serving with a Guards regiment you can be attached to a platoon within 3rd Battalion for two years.

Friday, March 26, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?