Picture of I've left Catterick as I think a combat medic is more for me, will this hinder me in training again?

I've left Catterick as I think a combat medic is more for me, will this hinder me in training again?

Picture of Jen
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Comparison

Date asked: Monday, September 6, 2021

Last reviewed: Monday, September 6, 2021

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

Hi, did you leave basic training? On your leaving interview did you say that you were interested in becoming a Combat Med Tech? Leaving Basic Training once will not hinder you - you have passed all eligibility checks and if anything it will help as you know what to expect. There are lots of people who take a couple of attempts before finding out what they want to do and where is the best fit for them. Good luck on Take 2!!

Monday, September 6, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
Is there any opportunities to become a doctor after becoming a combat medic?I am currently studying Paramedic Science and hope to become a CMT. Would this give me an advantage to train as a CMT?After i complete all my training for plumbing how soon can i leave army? can i finish training and rejoin in the future?Please could i have experiences and/or advice from a combat medic? Thanksi want to train to become a combat medical technician and wondered if you would advise doing officer training as well?Is it difficult being a combat medical techincian and do you get yelled at a lot??I want to become an army medic but I don't think Im tough enough, too squeamish maybe im not too sure. What should I do?Can I do basic training at 16, then go onto being a Combat Medical Technician?If I train to be a combat medic, could I then go onto doing a university degree to become an army nurse in the future?Hii.. Iam Ria a pharmacist wanted to join the army to serve but If I fail in fitness or training what are my chances?If I joined as a combat medical technician would I then still be able to commission into a different regiment and role?If I joined as a combat medical technician would I then still be able to commission into a different regiment and role?Can army CMTs gain any other advanced medical training apart from being a paramedic through the army?I start my phase 1 training at Winchester next month what happens if you’re not fit enough do you get kicked out ?Can I train as a cardiologist through the army? I am currently in Y3 of med school.