Picture of Is it difficult being a combat medical techincian and do you get yelled at a lot??

Is it difficult being a combat medical techincian and do you get yelled at a lot??

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

I want to be a paramedic cause my dad used to be one before he medically retired but ive always wanted to be in the army but im a bit scared to join because of the yelling and stuff and i just wanted to know if its bad really

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Role challenge

Date asked: Monday, April 20, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I promise the yelling is not that bad! We are probably a bit more shouty than other organisations, but the vast majority will be shouting when you're doing group exercise (PT) and doing tasks outdoors, but only because people are shouting so they can be heard (rather than shouting in an angry way). People may find they get shouted at for doing something wrong, but as with all organisations this will vary depending on who your chain of command (your boss) is. Some like to shout, some don't. On a slightly separate note, there is a difference between a combat medical technician and a paramedic. They are similar roles, but paramedics are more clinically qualified and they have a qualification that is recognised by the civilian population, whereas CMTs do not. I am afraid there isn't much information on our website about joining as a paramedic, if that is something you would be interested in you could start an application and speak to the recruiting team (starting an application doesn't tie you in to anything but does give you more access to people who know what roles are currently available). If you did join as a CMT you would likely have the opportunity to apply to become a paramedic during your army career, I've worked with several CMTs recently who have just started their paramedic training.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?