Picture of Do you think your gender made difficulties in being accepted as a member of your job title? Was there any stereotypes?

Do you think your gender made difficulties in being accepted as a member of your job title? Was there any stereotypes?

Picture of Amie
1 response

Additional information

As for my research, women being equal within a job role as I can tell has be come more of a wider spread due to more job roles being "unbanned" for women's rights. As when you was applying did you receive any sexist comments? Or do you know of someone who have?

Bri L. asked a question to Combat

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Sunday, November 21, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Picture of Amie B.

Amie B.

MT JNCO

Hi Bri, This is a question I quite often get asked and the simple answer is no; within the AAC, my gender has never been a hindrance within my career, my job role or looked negatively upon amongst my peers. If anything, many respond well to having a female in a team as we can bring different skillsets, thought processes and personalities, improving diversity which in turn is beneficial to any team. The army is a very inclusive environment, and is continuously striving to ensure diversity and equality is achieved no matter what rank or job role you do. This is demonstrated by the recent change of policy in 2018, whereby females can enter infantry/ front line combat units. One female even recently passed the arduous Parachute Regiment selection otherwise known as P-Company. So long as you're able to carry out the role, perform to your best ability and maintain your fitness, then you will be included as an equal member of the team. Hope that helps answer your question.

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?