Picture of Are female officers respected in the same way as male officers?

Are female officers respected in the same way as male officers?

Picture of Fionidi
4 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Monday, May 11, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Rachel L.

Medical Support Officer

Yes absolutely. The Army take Diversity and Inclusion very seriously and I for one have never felt unequal to any of my male peers.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Picture of Fionidi

Fionidi

Officer Engagement

I think in any male dominated workplace there will always be some difference in the way you are treated regardless of which industry you are in but I have found that in the Army this is much reduced. The majority will treat you the same and expect of you the same as they would someone of the same rank. The rare times I have encountered indirect disrespect, these have been from the more senior soldiers and Officers who have been serving for 20+ years as they are less used to working with female colleagues. Fortunately, in the most part these individuals had not realised they were being disrespectful and were quick to address their error.

Monday, May 18, 2020

Brett Kathleen A.

Thank you for your response. May i also ask, what is the most rewarding part of your jobs? and if you know how covid-19 will change the selection process and training?

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Brett, There have been many changes to the selection and training process, these are continuing to change as the guidance from the government is updated, so I am afraid I can't be very specific! During the application process you will be advised of what changes to expect.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?