Picture of If you were interested in more than one role how did you come to your decision on what role you would apply for?

If you were interested in more than one role how did you come to your decision on what role you would apply for?

Picture of Harriet
1 response

Additional information

Pondering on dog handler or kings troop

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Experience

Date asked: Monday, November 22, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Picture of Harriet C.

Harriet C.

Registered Adult Nurse

For myself, I had already trained as an Adult Nurse so I was pretty sure of the path I wanted to go down. There is so much choice in The Army which can make it very difficult. I would look into each of the roles, for dog handlers you would be based at 1 military Working dog in Melton Mowbray for a lot of your career, you would then attach as an individual to units. For king's troop RHA they operate purely within the UK and can deploy to events throughout the county and abroad and are based in Woolwich. Both careers are challenging within their own right, as working with animals they must always come first. For dog handlers you would start working with protection dogs and then move on to other capabilities such as search, you would have your own dog to look after and care for throughout your career. RHA you can go into roles such as farriers and saddlers. I hope that helps!

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?