Picture of Hello - Iam asking for my son,15, is nursing in the army a good career for him. Are male nurses wanted? Thanks. Henry

Hello - Iam asking for my son,15, is nursing in the army a good career for him. Are male nurses wanted? Thanks. Henry

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

Hi Tori Thanks for the advice. I have a few more questions now - on career progression what kind of salary would he earn if he works his way up the ladder and I am sure he would as he has ambition. He is bright and if he keeps going as he is he will be on 6 - 8 on his grades in core GCSEs subjects. If he joins as a soldier nurse will he have Uni holidays or will he be required for work/training with the army. Many thanks Henry

Henry C. asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Saturday, December 25, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hi Henry, Nursing in the army is a great career, with good career progression, and plenty of prospects as a civilian if your son decided to leave later on. He could join and then train as a nurse, or he could apply during or after his university degree. Full details can be found on the Army Nurse page https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service/army-nurse?gclid=Cj0KCQiAq7COBhC2ARIsANsPATG48dfl1k5dGWjsDjlpfYthGqrQmSe9rf-kEOClZa2Gp3tcHv9Ou9EaAq-SEALw_wcB&cid=semp7752257784&ef_id=Cj0KCQiAq7COBhC2ARIsANsPATG48dfl1k5dGWjsDjlpfYthGqrQmSe9rf-kEOClZa2Gp3tcHv9Ou9EaAq-SEALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!8141!3!384414225498!e!!g!!army%20nurse&gclsrc=aw.ds We have lots of male nurses, and he would certainly not be disadvantaged during the application process for being male. I hope that is helpful.

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?