Picture of I want to know what I would learn in the catering course if I was to do it?

I want to know what I would learn in the catering course if I was to do it?

Picture of LCoH Ashley
1 response

Additional information

I want to know if I should join the arm for a period of time to learn about cooking instead of going to college. But I need to know that I’m going to be getting a good qualification and understanding of cooking if I came out after 3 years or so. As I want to become a private chef in the long run.

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Monday, June 6, 2022

Last reviewed: Thursday, June 9, 2022

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good Morning and thanks for your question. There are a range of qualifications and experiences you could gain from joining the army as a chef. Everything from your health and safety qualifications and qualifications working with food, to gaining driving licences too which will be provided by the army. All of this alongside gaining experience working in different places in the world, working with people from different cultures and learning their culinary tastes from the direct source. As well as the qualifications you will gain from the army, you will also have opportunities to gain further education qualifications with funding from the army in other areas too. The minimum length of service is from 4 years which includes your training, so you could gain some great qualifications and experience travelling and so much more before moving on to other things should you choose to. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions then feel free to ask.

Thursday, June 9, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?