Picture of Hi, how do you join a specific branch such as the Armoured Corps, do you have to be an infantryman first before joining?

Hi, how do you join a specific branch such as the Armoured Corps, do you have to be an infantryman first before joining?

Picture of LCoH Ashley
1 response

Additional information

I've wanted to join the Royal Armoured Corps but I haven't been sure how to as I only hear of options to join the army, which I hear is only Infantry. When do we get the choice to join a branch, after becoming an infantryman or at the start of our application to join?

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Internal career mobility

Date asked: Monday, June 13, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good Afternoon and thanks for your question. You can absolutely join as a Royal Armoured Corps crewman. When you first begin your application to join the army, you will be asked for which areas of the army you are interested in, for which you can select the relevant options. Throughout the process you will be spoken to about your choices and be able to explore all of your options too before making your final decision. Everyone in the army does the same training for their basic training however, which essentially is learning to be a soldier, how to handle weapons, improve their fitness and so much more. Following this short training period, you would then begin your initial trade training which is specific to the job role you are joining. So if you're joining as a Royal Armoured Corps crewman then you will learn to drive and maintain the vehicles for your regiment and everything else associated with what you need. Hope this helps and answers your question, if you need anything else then please don't hesitate to let me know.

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?