Picture of I am currently employed. Will i have to take days off work for the assessments or can it be done over the weekend.

I am currently employed. Will i have to take days off work for the assessments or can it be done over the weekend.

Picture of Amie
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: General

Date asked: Saturday, July 30, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Picture of Amie B.

Amie B.

MT JNCO

Hi there, Are you looking to join as a regular soldier (full time)? If so, as far as I'm aware, the 2-day 'Assessment Centre' will occur during the week, and there isn't an exclusive weekend opportunity. From memory, when I was going through the joining process, I arrived at Pirbright on the Sunday evening, got chatting to everybody else and left Tuesday evening after 2 full days of testing. This may well have changed however, so it's worth speaking to your local careers office. The Army Jobs website has a good section on the joining process and what happens at the Assessment Centre if you want to find out more - https://apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/joining-process/soldier-recruitment-steps Hopefully your employer is supportive of your decision, and will allow you time to attend. However, I know some people use their individual leave allowances whilst applying to attend events. I appreciate this isn't the definitive, clear-cut answer you might have wanted, but I do hope that it helps none the less. Good luck!

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?