Picture of Hi I'm 15 and wanting to enlist I wanted to know the minimum service time and if army college counts towards it thakyou

Hi I'm 15 and wanting to enlist I wanted to know the minimum service time and if army college counts towards it thakyou

Picture of Amie
1 response

Freddy F. asked a question to Steven R.

Category: Work experience

Date asked: Friday, November 25, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Picture of Amie B.

Amie B.

MT JNCO

Hi Freddy, If you were to attend AFC Harrogate, you would be able to give notice to leave the British Army at any point up until your 18th birthday. After that, you have to do the required 4 years minimum service; you can give your notice at the 3-year point. Hope that helps

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
whats it like being a combat soldier? Im 15 and an army cadet, considering the army as a career choiceI’m looking to join the army very soon but I wanted to know if I would be able to spend my last year on school (yeaHi I'm 14 years old and have a SUPER big interest in the Military. Do you have any advice for me, I want to enlist ASAP.Considering army medic; what qualifications/subjects/grades needed please? I am 15 and about to choose my next steps.Im 16 at the moment and im think of enlisting when im 18. Im unsure about the military as i dont know a lot about it.im 17 and im hoping to do something as a medic in the army would you have any fitness tips and any other info to help meI'm 15 and wanting to join the paratroopers but I'm worried when i leave I will have nothing to full tohi mate been considering joining the army since I was a kid have you got any advice on what i should expectI am a 15 year old army cadet and thinking of joining the army but im not too sure what path to take,what do you do?Hi. I wanted to know how the army support soldiers with children under 15? Are there schools available for them?im currently 15 years and 1 month, would i be able to apply for the paratrooper regiment when im 15 and 9 months?hi i am just wanting some advice on the royal marines. I want to know a what age can you sign up? what requierments?Hi I’m 15 right now planning on joining army when I’m 16 but who’s gonna help me be by my side?i wanted to ask if i could join the army and get a plane license and i also wanted to know how long it would take mehi im joe im 14 and im looking to join the army when im 18 what is it like