Picture of Hi My daughter was told she can do Harrogate and then trade training as a combat medic. she is 15.9 months

Hi My daughter was told she can do Harrogate and then trade training as a combat medic. she is 15.9 months

Picture of Connor
1 response

David B. asked a question to British Army

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, February 13, 2023

Picture of Connor T.

Connor T.

Army Air Corps CET Team.

David, You must be older than 15 years and 9 months to apply for the Army. There are two intakes to Harrogate each year, March and September, You need to be between 16 and 17 years, 5 months when you start. Following harrogate You’ll then learn how to be a Combat Medical Technician at the Defence School of Healthcare Training, Birmingham. This takes 22 weeks. When you finish, you’ll be a Class 2 Combat Medical Technician, with a level 3 Diploma and Care Certificate. Trade training includes theory and practical modules, as well as clinical placements in Defence Primary Healthcare medical centres. Hope this helps.

Monday, February 13, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?

Related discussions
Hi, I was wondering if you can train as a CMT, then after a few years retrain as a nurse in the army, thank youHi, my daughter is looking at doing an apprenticeship with the Royal Military Police. What is the minimum age to apply?Is it true that you can begin enlistment at 15 and 7 months old? Sorry if I wasted any of your timeHi, I'm 15 and 4 months old looking to go into Harrogate next September, any advice you could giveHello, I was just wondering if I would be able to transfer reg at Harrogate. Thank youCan I go on to train to be a veterinary technician after attending the junior collage at Harrogate?Can you go to afc Harrogate and afterwards become a nurse and study at university?where would a 16yr old be based for phase2 training for the medical corps I know phase1 is at Harrogate?Can I do basic training at 16, then go onto being a Combat Medical Technician?Hi Zoe my daughter is considering being a Doctor in the Army what is the best way for her to get some general info?When you've finished training at Harrogate, are you able to see family before going to barracks?I have a daughter, so with basic training could I still speak too her? As we’re very close mother & daughterim 17 and im hoping to do something as a medic in the army would you have any fitness tips and any other info to help mehello, im looking to eventually be a physiotherapist in the army. Im currently 16 what would you advise me to do.Hi my daughter is in year 11 and wants to join the army but she has Aspergers and ADHD will this stop her getting in