Picture of Can I go on to train to be a veterinary technician after attending the junior collage at Harrogate?

Can I go on to train to be a veterinary technician after attending the junior collage at Harrogate?

1 response

Additional information

I'm thinking about life as an army vet and was wondering if this would be possible if I went straight to Harrogate instead of doing A-levels. Would I learn on the job or would I need to have something more than just GCSEs?

Annie L. asked a question to HR, Finance and Support

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Sunday, March 29, 2020

Last reviewed: Monday, April 27, 2020

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

I have contacted the Royal Army Veterinary Corps to find out. The officer commanding there says: Currently we are only officially allowed to recruit Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVN) into our Vet Tech Career Employment Group. This means that an individual must be a qualified RVN before they join the Army and the Royal Army Veterinary Corps. However, in recent years we have trained some Dog Handlers to become Vet Techs and then put them through a 2-year Apprenticeship to become an RVN. This is by exception only. My advice, therefore, would be: if an individual is certain they want to be a Vet Tech in the Army then they should train and qualify as an RVN before joining the Army. I hope that helps.

Monday, April 27, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?