Picture of I’m thinking of joining the light Calvary what is a day to day life like after training and what about weekends

I’m thinking of joining the light Calvary what is a day to day life like after training and what about weekends

Picture of Graeme
Picture of Shayne
2 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Thursday, January 18, 2024

Last reviewed: Friday, January 19, 2024

Picture of Graeme J.

Graeme J.

Royal Armoured Corp, Tank Crewman.

Hi, yeah it is a fantastic role to go for and a good mix of dismounted (on foot) and mounted on vehicle work as a soldier. Once through training and in your Unit then unless away on deployment or training your weekends are your own. It's your spare time on an evening, weekends and almost 8 weeks leave a year to do as you wish. If you have not applied already then go online and apply as its a lengthy application process.

Thursday, January 18, 2024

Picture of Shayne P.

Shayne P.

Army Air Corps CET LCpl

Good morning I can comment from my experience in the Army Air Corps, normally working Mon to Fri 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, weekends are you own and evenings. You will have loads of spare time to do the things you need to do, another added bonus is that you will be allowed to go abroad to Cyprus for example to conduct Adventure Training Kayaking, Mountain Biking etc. This does not have to come out of your leave and will be based as your normal working routine good luck with your application.

Friday, January 19, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?