Picture of Females in Royal Engineer (eod and search)?

Females in Royal Engineer (eod and search)?

Picture of Paul
Picture of Deegan
2 responses

Additional information

I am looking at joining as a Royal engineer trades person however, I am really worried that I won’t get the job role that I want at the end of it (Eod). Just looking for some advice on what the day to day life would look like. Thank you

Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Last reviewed: Thursday, February 15, 2024

Picture of Paul O.

Paul O.

Corps Engagement Team Warrant Officer

Morning, thanks for your question. I am not Royal Engineers but if you don't get offered the trade you want then you could maybe look at other roles. Personally, I think it is unlikely you wont get offered the role you want but be prepared that you may have to wait longer to start Basic Training/Initial Trade Training. My advice would be to wait until the role you want becomes vacant, hope that helps and good luck!

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Picture of Deegan W.

Deegan W.

Recruiting Co-ordinator

Hello, again I'm not in the engineers but I am currently an Army recruiter. What Paul says above is correct and good advise. Go and aim for the job role you really want! It is important to know that you wont get the choice but your will be asked you preference. The choice is ultimately up to the engineers when you get to that stage of the process but if you are pushing for EOD (and you meet the requirements) at every opportunity, the likelihood of they seeing your passion and letting you do he job will inevitably increase. So yeah you should go for it. Thanks, and if you have any other questions let us know.

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?