Picture of How long should it take to physically prepare yourself for the fitness test? I am going to apply in March cuz I'll be 18

How long should it take to physically prepare yourself for the fitness test? I am going to apply in March cuz I'll be 18

Picture of Dorian
Picture of Shayne
2 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Aoife C. asked a question to Combat

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Last reviewed: Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Picture of Dorian T.

Dorian T.

Regimental Engagement & Mentor Support Officer (ReMSO

Hi, You only need to be fit enough to attend Assessment Centre, currently they cover the 20metre bleep test, mid thigh pull and med ball throw. It depends what you want to join, if Infantry you need to get to 8.6 on the bleep test. I would suggest short runs, hill reps a couple of times a week. More information can be found on the Army Jobs website.

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Picture of Shayne P.

Shayne P.

Army Air Corps CET LCpl

Hi Dorian T I have attached a link below to give you some more insight into the fitness tests, you will also see a role finder section to give you a better understanding of what is required. What I found really useful when I was training for the assessment centre was running distance first so you can build up your fitness levels before going for time. It took me about four weeks to get to that level. Listen to your body everyone is different, good luck with your assessment ! https://jobs.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/army-assessment/fitness-tests/

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?