Picture of Hi I'm tom I'm just wondering as I'm 29 and I've always wanted to join do you get people my age or older joining often?

Hi I'm tom I'm just wondering as I'm 29 and I've always wanted to join do you get people my age or older joining often?

Picture of Shayne
Picture of Graeme
4 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Thomas W. asked a question to Combat

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Last reviewed: Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Picture of Shayne P.

Shayne P.

Army Air Corps CET LCpl

Hi Tom I was 33 when I joined it's never too late, in fact it's the best thing that I have ever done as you are a bit more mature and focused. I actually found it better to be honest as I had previous life experience, that got me through basic training I have never looked back. I have attached a link below hope that helps good luck Tom. https://jobs.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/can-i-apply/age/

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Picture of Graeme J.

Graeme J.

Royal Armoured Corp, Tank Crewman.

Hi Tom, yes we get people joining who are aged between 16 and 36. Over recent years more and more people who are older are joining. So yes go for it otherwise you will never know what might have been and possibly regret it in the future.

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Thomas W.

Thank you both

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Picture of Gary T.

Gary T.

Recruiting and Mentoring

Tom. Go for it, your life experiences will be a great benefit to you. As the guys have said you don't want to regret not doing it. Good luck.

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?