Picture of How long is phase 1 and 2 for the welsh guards? i know its done at Catterick.

How long is phase 1 and 2 for the welsh guards? i know its done at Catterick.

Picture of Robert
1 response
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Anonymous asked a question to Infantry

Category: Internship

Date asked: Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Last reviewed: Friday, October 4, 2024

Picture of Robert H.

Robert H.

Marketing Officer

Good afternoon, I am in the Royal Armoured Corps however i can give you the following information about the Infantry. Step 1 You start with a Combat Infantry Course (30 weeks) at The Infantry Training Centre Catterick. Here, you do your Basic Training and then your Infantry Initial Trade Training. Your instructors will coach you through progressive training where you will learn essential skills such as firing weapons, survival, first aid and map reading while building stamina and fitness. If you’re aged under 17 years and 6 months, you’ll do the Basic Training (long) course at the Army Foundation College Harrogate. You’ll then go to Catterick to complete your Infantry Initial Trade Training over 12 weeks. Step 2 On completion of your Initial Trade Training, you will move to your Foot Guards Battalion. Battalions routinely conduct training in the UK, Europe, Kenya and Belize. More concentrated periods of mission-specific training prepare Foot Guards battalions for operations abroad and State Ceremonial duties. I hope this helps and gives you the answers you are looking for.

Friday, October 4, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?