Picture of Can you describe a typical day in your role?

Can you describe a typical day in your role?

5 responses

Luca C. asked a question to British Army

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, August 2, 2019

Mark I.

Regimental Recruiting Warrant Officer

First thing is always starting the day by conducting fitness training, ill then check my emails before i’ll visit one of the Regimental Recruiting Teams in the North of England. If not on visits I’ll assist in planning and executing recruiting activities.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Good morning Luca and thank you for taking your time to ask a question. Due to be an Infantry soldier, everyday can be totally different with the exception of fitness which will usually be carried out first thing which sets you up for a good day. Fitness will differ everyday with Friday being Commanding Officers PT which will generally be the most demanding session of the week. Once PT has been done, I will shower and get my uniform on and report to my platoon office where I will be told what is on for the remainder of the day. There will usually be a lesson scheduled on something relating to job which could be anything from weapons, navigation or fieldcraft. There will be breaks for lunch and you will generally finish before evening meal J

Friday, August 2, 2019

Abrante C.

I am a Ghanaian and currently living in Ghana and i am very passionate about joining the infantry, i have been booked for assessment on October, i need an advice on how to pass my assessment by hook or crook.

Friday, August 2, 2019

Mark I.

Regimental Recruiting Warrant Officer

Be honest, be you and try hard. That’s all you need to do - trust me.

Friday, August 2, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Abrante, Assessment centre is a long interview to see your potential and see if you meet the required minimum standard to enter the British Army. If you have been booked in then your careers office must think you already meet the physical standard. Do your homework, learn your core values and standards and as Mark said above, be yourself. Goodluck

Friday, August 2, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?