Picture of Computer Science within the Army?

Computer Science within the Army?

Picture of Jen
2 responses

Additional information

As a computer science graduate I was looking to put my degree to use, however there are only two roles shown on the website when searching for computer-based jobs and both have requirements much lower than degree level. Are there any roles/graduate schemes that the army has in place for graduates?

Nathan Q. asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Last reviewed: Thursday, June 24, 2021

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

Hi, I’m a logistician but did not do that at university. I did archaeology as the Army provides you with all the training you need. However, we are keen to employ people with your background. It all depends on what you want to focus on. If you are looking at becoming an officer then this would be a leadership/management role in your preferred field of expertise. Your background may suit the Royal Signals, Intelligence Corps, Royal Engineers or Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers. You could take your qualification and expertise far and wide. We have just announced 6th United Kingdom Division which specializes in cyber and non-conventional warfare that may be of interest to you-google it! If you are not as interested in a leadership/management role in this field then join as a soldier in one of the same areas to be a technician. If you have a more specific and technical question please ask and I will get one of my colleagues to answer it for you. It is an exciting time for the Army in this specialized area. You won’t find any other job that will give you the opportunities to be innovative at this level at the moment and you could be part of something really exciting, new and experimental.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Picture of Jen C.

Jen C.

Reservist Brigade SO2 SPS

As Georgina said above, the Royal Signals might be of real interest to you - if you wanted to join as an officer, which reading your post i'd assume this is the area you would want to go into.

Thursday, June 24, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?