Picture of I am born in Norway, is there any chance I can serve the British army?

I am born in Norway, is there any chance I can serve the British army?

1 response

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Friday, August 9, 2019

Last reviewed: Monday, August 12, 2019

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

Hi, Norway is not a Commonwealth country so you would need to naturalise to join I believe (apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/can-i-join). As a British Citizen, British Subject under the Nationality Act 1981 or British Protected Person, you're able to apply to join the Army. If you want to naturalise you'll need to pay all the costs and make sure you meet the Home Office's requirements. I am no expert on commonwealth application policy and process so it would be best for you to apply: apply.army.mod.uk/register, start an application and then the National Recruiting Centre (Tel: 0345 600 8080) can assist you with any specific requirements and help you along the way. Once you have registered you will then be e-mailed an activation link. You must check your e-mail: junk, inbox and spam folders for your activation e-mail. Please follow the link and begin your application. You will then be assigned a Candidate Support Manager who will contact you when we are ready to progress your application. One thing to note: If you have not entered the UK then please do not include your passport details. This will allow you to leave the question about the date you entered the UK blank and still submit the application. On put a date in the future i.e. 1 Jan 2020.

Monday, August 12, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?