Picture of I have a Police Foundations Diploma from a College in Canada. I am a Canadian citizen, can I apply to the RMP?

I have a Police Foundations Diploma from a College in Canada. I am a Canadian citizen, can I apply to the RMP?

Picture of Greg
2 responses

Additional information

My Mum is a British citizen, I am Canadian.

Kaelan Z. asked a question to Greg H.

Category: Qualifications

Date asked: Saturday, August 10, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

Hi, You need to be a British Citizen or from a Commonwealth country to join. as Canada is part on the Commonwealth you should be eligible to join. https://apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/can-i-join/nationality provides more details. Apply and a Candidate Support Manager will help you and assist you through the process. you can always withdraw if you change your mind.

Monday, August 12, 2019

Picture of Greg H.

Greg H.

Royal Military Police NCO

Hi Kaelan, Thanks for the question. As has already been answered, as a Canadian citizen, you are a member of the commonwealth and as a result you are eligible to join the Royal Military Police. There are a number of commonwealth citizens within our ranks so you would not be alone. I find working with people from commonwealth countries invaluable as it brings a whole new dimension of understanding to day to day life. Get your application in and you never know, I could be working with you in the near future. Greg

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?