Picture of What are the most important things to know if you want to be in the RAC, cheers

What are the most important things to know if you want to be in the RAC, cheers

3 responses

Additional information

Like is there anything I should get to grips with that I would do in an armoured regiment or a combat role in general

Scott Y. asked a question to Combat

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, December 17, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Fitness fitness fitness If you are a fit and motivated individual, the rest is easy. Any combat role will expect the fittest soldiers. Check out the Role fitness tests for each role. Also, do your homework on all of the ground close combat regiments, there are a vast range scattered all over the U.K. operating in different parts of the world. Regards J

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Licarl L.

CET member

A positive attitude will help you adjust with the challenging lifestyle of being an RAC soldier, be self motivated and and remember self discipline is the best form of discipline and have a basic level of fitness which will be built on in your training.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Ross H.

Royal Armoured Corps Recruiting

Hi Scott, Great to hear you're interested in the RAC. I'm sure you have already but if not check out this page; https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/corps-regiments-and-units/royal-armoured-corps/ . It will give you an insight into what we do and how a career in the RAC might look like. As with any combat role you need to be fit, adaptable and committed to what you do. Both James and Licarl have provided some great tips so far. Good luck!

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?