Picture of Dual citizenship(non-UK) and a Veteran with a 4 year degree. Am I eligible for the Officer School or the Intel. path

Dual citizenship(non-UK) and a Veteran with a 4 year degree. Am I eligible for the Officer School or the Intel. path

Picture of Greg
4 responses

Additional information

I have American and Polish citizenship.

Michal S. asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Category: Visas

Date asked: Saturday, September 21, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Picture of Greg H.

Greg H.

Royal Military Police NCO

Hello Michal, You say you have dual citizenship but not of which countries. You are eligible to join the British Army if you are a British, Irish or Commonwealth citizen residing in the UK. Without knowing anything more about your circumstances, this is really the only information I can give you. Greg

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Michal S.

Greg H., I have Polish and American citizenships also I reside in the US.

Picture of Greg H.

Greg H.

Royal Military Police NCO

Hello Michal, If that is the case, I'm sorry to say that under current policy you will not be eligible. I know this is not what you would have liked to hear, but have you looked at the American armed forces? We do work alongside them a lot and may be able to offer you what you are looking for.

Michal S.

Greg H., Will do, thank you for your help.

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?