Picture of What is the experience of infantry Scots guards role is like.. And is there any advice you can give..

What is the experience of infantry Scots guards role is like.. And is there any advice you can give..

Picture of Katie
2 responses

Additional information

I am on my last 1.5 years of schooling and i am very interested of joining the army and i want to know more abouy the roles ..

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Comparison

Date asked: Sunday, September 22, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 12, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi there, The link that J has posted above is a great place to start your research about the infantry and to try and work out which unit might suit you best. The Scots Guards are a mechanised infantry unit who operate out of Mastiff and Jackal 2. These platforms offer some protection and use speed to cross the battlefield quickly and launch onto difficult objectives. The unit is part of the Army’s STRIKE integration programme so will soon have a fleet of new Mechanised STRIKE vehicles. What makes Guards regiments different from other infantry regiments, is that in addition to their combat role, they have ceremonial role which sees them guarding royal residences such as Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace. I hope this helps you a little with your research. Good luck with your application. Katie

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?