Picture of What does a typical day for 2 and 3 Para battalions consist of in Merville Barracks?

What does a typical day for 2 and 3 Para battalions consist of in Merville Barracks?

Picture of Katie
1 response

Additional information

It would be great to hear about it from a current serving Paratrooper, if possible.

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, October 25, 2019

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi there, I see that your question has been unanswered for a while so I thought I’d give you a response even though I am not a Paratrooper. Firstly I would suggest heading over to the Army website and having a look at the Paratrooper page to get an overview of the role. https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/infantry/paratrooper Day to day things look the same at most units. You will spend time: doing exercise to keep fit; looking after your kit and equipment (be that Personal, Section, Platoon, Company or Battalion level); conducting military training such as weapon handling, map reading, infantry skills; completing career courses either to do with your trade or more genetic things such as driving; and doing personal development courses. I hope this helps a little but feel free to come back to me if there is anything else I can help with. Katie

Friday, October 25, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?