Picture of I’m currently in yr 9 what do u suggest is a good role since I am good and design technology and decent at maths

I’m currently in yr 9 what do u suggest is a good role since I am good and design technology and decent at maths

2 responses

Michael V. asked a question to British Army

Category: Qualifications

Date asked: Thursday, November 21, 2019

Last reviewed: Thursday, November 28, 2019

Richard O.

Artificer Electronics - WO1

Hi Michael, Firstly thanks for the question. As an Electronic Technician you are responsible for the electronic and electrical repair of equipment's ranging from Laser Rangefinders, Remote Controlled Vehicles, Optical Systems and Communication Systems to some of the most advanced battle winning technologies in use in today's military. In order to complete training as a Technician you will be enrolled onto a Modern Apprenticeship programme where we will train you in electronic repair and most importantly arm you with underpinning electronic knowledge. The initial training course is a mixture or academic and practical work and an education in electronics is heavily reliant on a sound grasp of mathematics. The military continues to develop with emerging technology. 3D printing continues to rise in military engineering and as an Electronic Technician you will have the opportunity to use CAD to assist in facilitating repairs. Hope this helps!

Monday, November 25, 2019

Foli R.

How does a non-citizen apply for the British Army..I'm Ghanaian

Thursday, November 28, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?