Picture of Been a hgv mechanic for 10 years, want to be a mechanic in army but only got E in English and maths what are my options

Been a hgv mechanic for 10 years, want to be a mechanic in army but only got E in English and maths what are my options

Picture of Peter
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Engineering

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Thursday, June 4, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Picture of Peter S.

Peter S.

REME Workshop 2nd in Command

Apologies for the delay in answering this question but I wanted to ensure you got the most accurate information. There are contact details on the REME webpage and on the Army jobsite under REME. If you contact them directly they will be able to look at your qualifications and experience and answer your questions. This I would advise is your best 1st step. Put down all your inmformation in an e-mail to this e-mail [email protected] and they will reply with options. If they are unable to do that I would advise you speak to your recruiter/CSM and tell them that you are interested in REME and have been working in a job that is similar to the trade you wish to join (Vehicle mechanic) and could they request dispensation for certain qualifications with the Pers Ops Sldr REME. That should prompt the Capita recruiters to engage with REME headquarters to investigate options.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?