Picture of I'm going into my final year of a mechanical engineering degree and I was wondering what opportunities there are?

I'm going into my final year of a mechanical engineering degree and I was wondering what opportunities there are?

5 responses

Additional information

I know there's information on the website but I'm not 100% sure on the what the differences are between the various types of engineers and which are suitable for grads. Thank you for any advice!

Charlotte O. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Monday, August 3, 2020

Colin S.

Atrificer Vehicles

Charlotte, your mechanical degree would best fit a role with in the REME as a professional engineering officer

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Charlotte O.

Brilliant thank you! I know it's different for everyone, but what could I expect in day to day life as a professional engineering officer? And what kind of deployments are common? Thank you!

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Colin S.

Atrificer Vehicles

Charlotte, every day is different, you will be commanding technically minded individuals who are responsible for maintaining and repairing multi-million pound equipment. The next day you could be on exercise conducting you role in the field, the next you could be skiing in France its such a varied working environment.

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Charlotte O.

Thank you so much for your help. How often do people tend to get deployed in this role? Also is it common to get deployed to war zones or is it more to assist with engineering projects? I know it's very difficult to say but I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Friday, June 26, 2020

Colin S.

Atrificer Vehicles

Charlotte, Sorry for the late reply, so as for deploying as an engineering officer and the REME as a hole we support the complete British Army so it would mean deploying if the unit you are supporting deploy but in this current climate deployments are few and far between but if you are deployed its within the support side of life not combat. hope this helps.

Monday, August 3, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?