Picture of I’m interested in joining as an electronics technician, can i have more insight?

I’m interested in joining as an electronics technician, can i have more insight?

16 responses

Sophie F. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Colin S.

Atrificer Vehicles

Sophie, so sounds like you are looking at my part of the Army, REME?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Sophie F.

Yes it is

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Colin S.

Atrificer Vehicles

Kk so I am a 20 years served Warrant officer, I started my career as a Vehicle Mechanic and worked my way up

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Colin S.

Atrificer Vehicles

Our Electronics Technicians are a very enjoyable job, they will repair, maintain and modify a wide range off equipment such as radios, robots, electrical systems on vehicles, sighting systems , NVG and loads more

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Sophie F.

That’s great, is the training progressive and can you spend your time going over information you don’t understand? As I have no background knowledge

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Colin S.

Atrificer Vehicles

Yes, the training is very progressive and its just like being at collage or university you will learn theory and then put that knowledge into practice. You will be living with the same group of people on you course so you an l study together when things get difficult and most your staff looking after you will also be electronic technicians so they are on had to hep also.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Sophie F.

That’s good to know and pleased to tell you its my first job choice. Is there anything you think i should know about and any points that might be good to talk about at my selection interview.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Colin S.

Atrificer Vehicles

Good to hear its your first choice, it is a very rewarding career both in experience and qualifications.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Colin S.

Atrificer Vehicles

Not really any points you should talk about just be yourself and do a bit of research into the job from what's on the Army website and you will be fine :)

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Sophie F.

Great, one last question do you know how request the intakes are for training?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Sophie F.

Frequent*

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Colin S.

Atrificer Vehicles

Due to the length of the training there are about 3-4 courses that run every year

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?